Introduction of Key Learning Centre
This is Ms Wu, a full time tutor. I had been giving tuition lessons to many students for many years. To date, I had gained 14 years plus of tutoring experience. My main specialisation is in Mathematics and Principles of Accounting.
I formed my first small group tuition in my home at Hougang mainly for students who are looking for experienced tutors who are specialised in teaching specific level and subject. My tuition group consists of me, and my elder sister who is a Chinese Language Specialist, and many of my other friends who are very experienced tutors.
Our tuition slots for home tuition are very limited, and due to overwhelming demand by parents and students’ relatives and friends, we are sorry to reject many home tuition assignments. Currently, we still welcome new students to join in our existing small group tuition located in Serangoon Ave 3, Hougang Ave 8 and Bishan Street 24.
Here is a list of some commonly-asked questions:
1. What Is The Duration Of The Tuition Class?
Every level and subject combination differs. Please refer to TIMETABLE for more details.
2. Do The students Enjoy Any Discounts On Taking More Than One Subject?
As of 14th February 2010, we do not offer siblings/mutiple subjects discounts anymore. Nevertheless, if student introduce friends or relatives, student will be given cash voucher to offset tuition fees as a token of appreciation.
3. What Is The Maximum Number Of Students In A Class?
We start most classes even when there is one student. The first student to start off a tuition class will enjoy individual lesson at group tuition fee all the way till the second student joins in. The maximum number of students in a class is between 6 and 8. It is usually an average of 3 – 4 per class. However, for more popular timeslots, it can grow to a maximum of 12-15. You can be assured that our class size is of a manageable number and the teachers would still be able to ensure each student gets individual attention.
4. Does Key Learning Centre Provide Any Learning Materials?
Materials and printing cost for all subjects covered will be provided free of charge.
There is no additional charges on top of the fees stated.
Revision and/or examination papers will also be provided where necessary to prepare students for examinations.
5. Can My Child Bring His Or Her School Homework To Tuition Class?
Students are welcomed to bring along their school work to the class for discussion. We believe in sharing materials among different schools. In this way, students are given maximum exposure to different types and styles of questions. However, we hope that students had at least tried out the work before asking the tutor for help.
6. Can My Child Join Key Learning Centre At Any Time?
The lessons are designed to be mutually exclusive; therefore your child is welcomed to join us anytime. However, due to our small class size and limited slots available, it will be better if you let us know earlier so that we can reserve a place for him/her.
7. Will There Be Classes On Public Holidays?
There will be no classes during public holidays. Students can make up lessons on other scheduled day for tuition.
8. If My child Is Sick And Has A Valid Medical Certificate, Will There Be Make-Up Lesson For Him or Her? Or Can I Pay Less For The Lessons Missed?
Make-up class can only be arranged within the week and are subject to availability. For cases which could not be arranged, materials will be provided and students would need to complete it at home, such that the teacher is able to go through with them the following week. However, if this is to persist for several weeks, please let us know in advance so that we can make the necessary arrangements for you.
There will not be any make-up classes for missed lessons or pro-ration of the fees for non-attendance. Full payment is still required.
9. What Does My Child Need To Bring Upon Enrolling In The Tuition Group?
We encouraged students to bring along their old notes, examination papers and test papers, worksheets, exercise books, anything to show to the tutor so that we can at least gauge the students’ standard and weaknesses. Textbooks are not required.
10. When And How Do We Register?
Parents can register by walking in:
Block 237 Serangoon Ave 3 #01-106/#02-106 S550237 or
Block 279 Bishan Street 24 #01-26/#02-26 S570279 or
Block 683 Hougang Ave 8 #01-907/ #01-905/ #01-903 S530683 (Level 2 above Shop N Save)
Modes of payments are via cash or cheque
Sorry there is no NETs or Credit Card payment mode.
11. How much must I pay upon registration?
- First Month Tuition Fees (Current Month, pro rate if more or less than 4 weeks)
– Next Month Tuition Fees (If Current Month left with 1 or 2 lessons only)
– Registration fee of $30
– One month Deposit
– No Payment is required for materials and printing
– Receipt will be issued to students
12. Who Do We Contact Regarding Key Learning Centre? For all enquiries, please contact the admin at 62871413 (Serangoon) or 64568345 (Bishan line) or 63862551 (Hougang) or SMS 92331318.
12. Who Do We Contact Regarding Key Learning Centre?
For all enquiries, please contact the admin at 62871413 (Serangoon) or 64568345 (Bishan line) or 63862551 (Hougang) or SMS 92331318.